Thursday, September 22, 2011

What Kind?

In the sixties, the western branch of the Milford Quinlans lived at the end of Arrow View. This road was so bad that a veritable pond covered the road almost year around, just down from the house. Visiting "The King" and his family was quite a venture.

The oldest two boys, Michael Patrick and Patrick Michael, often played together in the same playpen. Patrick was very verbal and I believe could talk, long before he could walk. This is an example of the dialogue of a particular game at the time.

Michael: "Dogs can't do that!"
Patrick: "That's the kind of dog I am!"

Patrick is now fighting for his life after a motorcycle accident. I would like to say not only what a great human being you are, but many people are praying for your recovery.

5 comments:

  1. My newly tuned sense of geography tells me that we must've been the central branch of the Keego Quinlans? Funny...

    My Patrick & I have been reminiscing about Pat lately, which has been really great. He reminded me of the night of a bonfire at the cabin, when Summer crawled through the floorboard of Pat's van, and hitched a ride to town. Apparently, she had a change of heart, though, escaped, and ran all the way back to the Outpost.

    If the power of prayer is multiplied by the number of people involved, I fully expect Pat to recover, and possibly gain some superhero abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superhero Patrick - I like that. That's the kind of dog he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well written, he was the first to talk,and show Rocky the game of life... now it is time we all returned the favor.. Fight Patrick Fight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen, we are the Keego Quinlans. I'm with you. I expect Patrick to recover and become stronger than ever with prayer.

    Susie: True, the kind of dog he is...

    Erin: right there. fight Patrick fight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Lion Sleeps" always makes me think of Pat - that man can work the soprano!

    ReplyDelete