Saturday, June 16, 2012

Caveat

Brian quit drinking for seventeen years. Quite an accomplishment for anyone, but the triple crown for anyone of Irish extraction. During this time period, he was pulled over by a police officer who wished to know why he had swerved on the road. Satisfied, after questioning, that he wasn't drinking, the officer asked one final confirming question, "Can I look in the cooler" which lay in the back of the pickup truck. "Sure",  Brian said knowing what it contained, and added, "Would you mind bringing me up a water when you're back there?" The officer was miffed, but complied.
The officer, through no fault of his own, had apparently missed one of Hope's debriefings to the final quadrant of the dozen she raised. "Beware of born again Christians and recovering alcoholics."

8 comments:

  1. You can put water in a cooler? What the heck...?!

    (I've always loved this photo of Uncle Brian - like he's modeling on the runway and the paparazzi is down below).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That song reminds me so much of Bri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony,
    Tanks for the wonderful story, you have bought him back for a while in our hearts and our smiles... There is nothing like good storytelling..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colleen: That was a surprise to me when I first learned it this year too!

    Susie: Seems to me to be some of Brian's core.

    Erin:Thanks, Erin. i love that that story is out there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope dropped some knowledge - I will need to use that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LQ: She did indeed, see things through her own eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Story Tony! Thanks for sharing.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's also cool you posted on this day, which was my birthday. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete