Friday, August 6, 2010

What a wild run!

Well...today I packed up my office at good old Kaye Wood, Inc. for the last time. Between the economy and all, it was time for me to change directions. I was only 7 weeks short of 16 years....it was a great run and a fabulous job. I decided to take the kids with me today to pack it up....nice diversion from the emotional side of things. We made that last trip home and sat on the deck. Mommy of course drinking a beer and Karly and Jack drinking their Kool-aide. I looked at them both and said..."What do you think of every day being a Mommy day?" Karly looked at me very serious and said..."Oh this is not good Mom, we wanted you to go to work so we could go to Aunt Somer's house" So there you have it....I better start looking for another job :)
Kudos to Kaye Wood....it was one hell of a good time. Thanks to a woman who hired a 23 year old right out of college without a clue and literally took me around the world and back!

5 comments:

  1. I'm shocked! I can certainly see the kids filling your days, but what about the cruises?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always excited about your job, Kathleen. The word unique would always pop into my mind when you would describe it. Here's cheers to a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am sad about this. I loved hearing about your job and Kaye. I think she is a wonderful lady although I never met her. You were lucky to have such an interesting job near to a small town and she was lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen,
    She will miss you, I am sure, Maybe your next job could be promoting my next book, we could go on the road....

    ReplyDelete