Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Invisible Friends for us all

Invisible friends

I have the joy of watching Kylan my grand son twice a week. He is truly a funny kid. The other day I gave him an old pad of paper that I had given Morgan years ago; it was a Winnie the Pooh small tablet. (With Pooh and the gang photo's on the bottom.

I was making lunch and looked over at the pad, he was drawing on. I said," Oh, too bad Piglet in on the paper, I don't like him." Kylan said," Na Na, You gotta like Piglet? No, I don't Kylan I am sorry but Na Na just doesn't like him. Kylan got up set, Na Na don't say that, you gotta (Yove) Piglet. This when one for a few min then he looked me square in my eyes, with his young clear blue eyes looking just like McKenzie.
Na Na he said, " You were just sitting outside with Piglet a little while ago!"

I had no idea I had spend the afternoon with piglet, I guess, you got to watch your friends closer.

Bryanne had invisible friends also, Pumpkin, and Banana they only came out of the linen closet when she was going to the bathroom. Often they would pull her hair also, but they stayed tight for about 2 years. I have the opportunity to visit the world of make believe once again.
Perhaps there is a little invisible friends in us all.. I am sure Hope has a few friends like that, we know Brian did on his last day.. this might all just be a gift that God gives us to keep us not feeling alone.. just a thought?

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I couldn't find spell check.. but you get the idea? EQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice story, Erin. I agree with Kylan. It is usually our invisible friends that keep us out of trouble, so it doesn't seem right to forsake them when they are good company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why God gave me cats - so I wouldn't feel so alone, but could pretend they're not there when others are around. :)

    Besides, you gotta yove Tigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Tigger kicks ass, he can bounce for God sakes.......how handy would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ky baby is on to something... we must be aware who we're spending our time with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure we all have "invisible friends" and I am very thankful for mine!

    ReplyDelete