Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My first 100 days with Thump and Bump on an every day basis.

Our family is really enjoying my newly found retirement. I have adjusted well but not sure when those pension checks will be rolling in….small glitch in the plan.

I would like to share with you the top 5 things I have learned from Karly and Jack during this time we have been hanging out…..

1. Poop, pee and butt are always added and perfectly acceptable in every single conversation.
2. As I explained to my kids that ordering a happy meal every time is a waste of money and only a marketing scheme to get more money from you for a silly toy, Karly pointed out to me……Mom, the toy is FREE if you would just order the right meal.
3. Grandpa is the coolest guy around because he has a “pretend” leg. It is also a super fun game to get a cane and play amputee….who know.
4. We can figure out how to do anything as long as we read the “Burr-ections” located inside any package or product.
5. Apparently it is ok in public to let people know when they are stinky and when their teeth are dirty.
6. It is also ok to point out to boys that they should not wear pony tails or earrings (even when you yell this out across a restaurant.

Just thought I should fill you in on what I have learned. All these years I have had it way wrong!

4 comments:

  1. KQ: I posted your photo with your entry because...well, I know you'd want me to. :)

    Apparently you haven't learned about the word FART, or other fart-related noises. They'll be hilarious forever. And I personally believe McDonald's should include tylenol with the filet o' fish meal because everyone knows you have a hangover if you're ordering it (and that would be great marketing).

    Has it really been 100 days?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen,
    I was just gonna say.. your days sound much like my days with Kylan.. He can't say his D's........so he just Kibs people all of the time..
    He says.." Just Kibbing you NaNa"
    Youth at it best! never stop writing, your a real treat!
    You bring back great memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I could spend 1000000 days with these kids and never stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4G is running strong. I really like their nicknames.

    ReplyDelete