Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Punch- Punch- Punch



The Bride-

“Does Aunt Pat realize these plates are two hundred dollars a piece… and she’s going to bring along some nursing student as a “surprise” guest to my wedding” Annoyed and discontent with not knowing whose face she would see on her wedding day, she let it go. But secretly hoping that it would be A. Uncle Paul, B. Tiffany, or C. Uncle Tony. And not some yahoo-nursing student whom Aunt Pat felt could use a good party in her life.


Uncle Tiffany-

“Sweet but you wont be home uncle tiff you're going to FL!!” Time zones can be tricky, and especially when you’re in one that is calculated by the mountains it’s good to have cousins like Tamara to remind you of the state where you’ll be spending your weekend. It can be Thursday here in the Rockies, and Friday in Michigan. So you can imagine my confusion. Regardless it being Michigan, Florida, or Nashville I was hopping a plane on September 18th to celebrate a monumental day with my family.


The Bride-

“I was hoping for Uncle Paul” but the tears streaming down her face potentially ruining some of the wedding photos led me to believe she was beyond touched by the gift her aunt had given her. And that aunt, capable of bringing along some yahoo look-in to party it up in Florida delivered the next best thing ‘Uncle Tiff.


Grey Owl-

“So I heard you ditched my wedding because you owed Uncle Tony a bunch of money, and didn’t want to run into him” Laughed McKenzie. Being at Bryanne’s wedding surrounded by the people I love most in this universe, made it even more clear to me. I miss that loan shark and desperately need to spend some time with him it’d been a year and half… and who knows maybe his Quicken program found a glitch. Derailing my flight back to Denver, I found myself in Roscommon trailing behind Aunt Pat, “Tony, you here?” Startled, jolted from his nap, he looked up. I peered my little head over the couch, seeing the obvious question flash across his face… How in the hell is this girl getting back to Denver? Details are irrelevant in my book as I begin this three- week adventure with only a party dress and a pair of high heels. I have a sneaking suspicion my Aunt Pat would concur as she hopped in the passenger seat rubbing her little hands together “My work here is done."

5 comments:

  1. Her work is NEVER done. You two are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I gotta say... this is your best work... Now the G3 are in big trouble! I love it... Good job, Patty...you make us all proud, I saw Bryanne.... just looking around in amazement... Pretty sure you started it...... You the best sister in the world!
    love EQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it goes...Extreme Family Makeover-Move that Bus, or plane in this case. You can buy a ticket from your iphone, if you have one. Tiff the stiff needs to be with family and her family needed to be with her. Most importantly, her dad needed a dose of the '"third daughter" So after the party I had a little buddy to keep me company on the ride home, I am grateful that love is so simple. PQ, Aunt Ricia, Pat Patrol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Way to go Super Hero Aunt Pat :)

    ReplyDelete